Premier Wicks / Status Jar / 464

I am currently testing 464 straight and blended in the status jar.  I was wondering is the Premier wicks a good choice in the status jar?  I would like to get feedback before ordering the wicks. I am currently testing a blend with HTP Wicks and Straight 464 with ECO. If I could get some advise before I place the order I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Guest OldGlory

It's been years since I tried wicking a status jar and I don't remember what I used. There are several sizes -which size jar are you using? Maybe I can suggest a starting point. Also, which wax are you blending with 464, and what percentage?

I am still testing 464 blends. Currently I have a 50/50 blend with 4630. Not sure if I should add more soy or more paraffin. For the status jar, I dont think I like the 50/50 blend because the jar gets black on the one side from the flame. I think I will shoot for a 70/30 blend - one with soy in the lead, and one with paraffin in the lead and see if I like the one over the other. The status jar is the 12 oz. with 3 inch Diameter. 

Guest OldGlory

I recently tried 4630 with 464 at 70/30, 60/40, and 50/50. Although I didn't like the look of it in the jar, they all threw great. I used a 60 zinc and they burned beautifully.

Forgot to mention, I used a 16 oz flint jar from Aztec which is a bit over 3" in diameter.

Edited by OldGlory

I recently tried 4630 with 464 at 70/30, 60/40, and 50/50. Although I didn't like the look of it in the jar, they all threw great. I used a 60 zinc and they burned beautifully.

Forgot to mention, I used a 16 oz flint jar from Aztec which is a bit over 3" in diameter.

Old Glory, I have some of those 16 ouncers from Aztec but have not been able to come up with a good combination to get anything in them to burn well. Thanks for the suggestions. Lots of great new ideas to test in 2016 (including Premier wicks, you've sold me) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...