Spring Open House??

Sharon in PA

Does anyone do them?? If so, how do you make out?

We had a great one before Christmas, but really want to do another around April. Problem is, we didn't have a bunch of luck LAST Spring/Summer w/ moving product although, we didn't try this out then.

From past experience, we have found that a good majority of folks around here (even our reg. customers) don't burn/melt much during the warmer months. Well, we want to change that!!!;)

Ideas on shows, and or promos. that helped you move stuff during the warmer months would be greatly appreciated!

(We already know to pretty much save our money rather than do any Spring craft shows!!:angry2: )

Thanks a bunch!

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I usually do an Oct., Dec., and March open house. I find by the time March rolls around, my customers have usually finished their Christmas candles. I have a few winter items displayed, but introduce all my new Spring and Summer products at the March showing. Tarts and jars usually go over really well that time of year as windows start to open and more and more people are looking for fresh clean fragrances to welcome Spring. I don't put as much product out as I would during Christmas, don't want to be stuck with tons of stock. Usually 9 times out of 10, they come back early April for more of the Spring/Summer f/o's.

I think late Winter/early Spring is a great time for sales!

Narrow down your presentation to leftovers and a taste of spring ... make it a social occasion and think of it as a relationship building event.

Plant the seeds early and you will be able to harvest through those "slow" months.

Maybe think wedding and graduation marketing too?

I like the March idea too ... everyone will be glad to get out of the house.

Andrea

I think I may just have one for every season & call it just that. Scents of the Season

So Spring would be clean & fresh smells...maybe some tropical for spring breakers

Summer would be more bath & body focus, but with summer fragrances. Lemonades, melons, ocean mists...

Fall brings in the spicey warm fragrances, the woody scents

Winter of course all the Santa's favorites. Food food food...

I plan on having a Spring one! I think early March though, so people could sign up for Spring parties before Mother's Day?? Just a thought

Yeah a "Scents of the Season" open house 4x a year ... what a great way to schedule with hostesses too! A person could schedule several "Scents of the Season" events every 3 months or so ... enough to keep anyone busy.

And each person's invite list should need new candles by then ... they'll be lookin for 'ya :)

Andrea

I think March is perfect (may have to this myself)....it's just before everyone can really start working outdoors...which is when I think interest starts to decline in burning...but if you get them hooked on the spring summer fragrances before they are out of the house you may actually increase your sales for the summer months

Well, You all have some great and valid ideas, I think you may be right about March being a good month, and the fact that it is a pretty boreing month, gives them something to do...

Now, to plug all this info into the ol' brain, and see what I can come up w/.

Deb, I completely agree about Craft shows, I hate them! i am scaling down big time from last yr. w/ them that's for sure!!! Open House's are definately the way to go!!!

Here's hoping we all have a great Spring...when it get's here, we haven't even had much of a Winter yet!!!!:undecided

Thank you everyone!!!!:grin2: