I can see...

cmspath

my floor.. :laugh2: I tell you this YE inventory was about to kill me.. I got so crazy busy Oct through the weekend before Christmas, my workroom - which is about 10x30 got to the point that you could "barely" walk in it sideways with out knocking something over or off the shelves because of all the packages from shipments etc.. The day after Christmas, Randy was up here closing the books in the computer, I walked in and just stared, I didnt know where to start, I was completely overwhelmed - dont ever recall feeling so overwhelmed before.. Randy put up a bunch more shelving for me, so now I have places to put stuff.. so I am cleaning, organizing, doing inventory and updating my website all at the same time, it is taking longer, but will be worth it when it is over.. and I can start "playing" again with all the goodies - I bought, put away and forgot about (not me)... ;) Randy also got me one of those turkey fryers with the spigot and I havent even put a drop of wax in it, I dont dare, that will be the end of inventory.. the end is getting there.. hopefully by the end of the weekend.. I will never let my workroom get to the point it was...

I feel for you and know what you talking about. Our office is still floorless (is this a word :D ) But my work area is clean, for the most part. Still have boxes that are unopened (don't even remember what is in most of them.) Got a presto pot for christmas, still haven't used it. Got new jars, still haven't tested those. My husband is in the process of closing our books as well, so we will see when I can finally get started playing too. Hopefully soon. :D

Dawn

Oh yeah I know what you're going through completely!! I have something that looks like a kitchen again and my oh my there's some room to move in the family room and even in the storage room. Totes are wonderful. Better records are in the making and eventually improvements to the website and I need someone else to do all this for me lol! I miss playing around. BUt I wouldn't have the space that's showing up now if it weren't for Rockin'.

I really dont think I will - that was too overwhelming and taking too much time to weed through it.. Now that I have more shelving that is helping a ton... we are thinking about buying some property and building me a shop - hopefully sometime this year.. One of my New Year goals is to work on being more "organization smart" in the long run it will save so much time and allow me to play more..:wink2:

11 jars and 32 votives--- OMG that would be a dream.. :D I am counting all raw material (wicks, color chips, fo, weighing butters, oils) etc as well as products ready to sell...

I was just messing with 'ya ;-) Probably more speaking for my own habits ... I wasn't ever really cut out for production. Like variety more than I like schedules.

Shelving and storing things as you go along will make it a breeze next year. Having a dedicated building is sweet too. I had a 16' x 32' building when we were doing the glass production and I was in HEAVEN.

Focus on efficitent storage paths and how things are supposed to move around the studio and develop your space to suit those paths. Every time you save yourself a trip across the studio to get something, you'll be banking fun time ... (and YE inventory will be easy peasy) yay!

Andrea

Oh I know you were just joking with me.. ;)

I typically havent gotten into the effort I have this year.. but that goes to show how overwhelmed I felt. - and dang it - I am missing out on my play time... :laugh2: ... out of bad comes good.. !