Aztec Volcano scent

Azsunset

Wondered if anyone has great success with this fragrance. Im familiar with the original and when I smell Aztecs fo it smells spot on to me.

I use 3022 wax (70 soy 30 paraffin) and have had success with the CDN14 and CDN16 wicks. I have tried 8%, 9%, 10% and 12%. Which the most I have ever used before this fragrance was 9%.

My glass is the Libbey Universal tumbler which measures 3" in diameter. I am trying to get a strong throw. I know the original floods my house, and I was hoping this would be close to the intensity I want.

My question is if anyone who loves strong throws, have success getting it with this particular fragrance. And if so, how much fragrance did you use.

Thank you!!

Guest OldGlory

I got a 1 oz sample of it a few months ago used it to test some new jars and wicks. I am unfamiliar with the original so no comparison there.

My testers always get 6% FO, and I used 464 wax. I used a variety of jar styles, Premier wicks, and wood wicks.

My findings are that Volcano at Aztec is very strong (let's say an 8 or 9 on a scale of 1-10) in cold and hot throw at 6%. I was pleasantly surprised! If I had a client wanting an upscale citrusy type of FO, I would not hesitate to recommend this one.

Aztec's version of the volcano dupe, 6006 wax, CD and LX wicks, 8%. Strong cold and hot throw

I'm not familiar with the libbey uni tumbler, but I know it took me forevvveeer to find a good wicking system for the libbey status, which also has a 3" diameter.

Aztec's version of the volcano dupe, 6006 wax, CD and LX wicks, 8%. Strong cold and hot throw

I'm not familiar with the libbey uni tumbler, but I know it took me forevvveeer to find a good wicking system for the libbey status, which also has a 3" diameter.

Thank you. I know my wax has more soy in it than the 6006. I tried 8% and didnt seem to get a good throw with that ratio and my wax.  I love the smell guess I will keep trying!

I tried the Aztec version and the one from RE and sent both to potential customer.  Both were strong but the customer said RE version had more depth to the scent and more staying power.

I never knew that RE carried the scent as well. I'll have to try it!

Thank you!