Help me spend my $50!

donna4909

Ok, so I want to get some shea and cocoa butter, but I'm having trouble deciding how much to get. What do you think I should get? I need help! I want to try everything with butter. *lol* Bath melts, soap, whipped shea, etc...

5 lbs. cocoa butter & 3 lbs. shea butter for $49.63 (shipped)

or

7 lbs. shea butter & 2 lbs. cocoa butter for $48.88 (shipped)

Hi Donna,

I'm in the same boat as you apparently...want to try out all of the butter "stuff" I can possibly make, on the tightest budget possible to get the most for my money. My thoughts are for you to go with the majority of shea butters because you'll run through it pretty quick if you're going to be diving into whipped sheas & such.

Where are you ordering from, btw? Just wondering if it's somewhere I haven't looked yet & if they're a little cheaper on some other supplies I'm in need of, as well as the butters.

Good luck with your decision & happy experimenting with your butters! :grin2:

*lol* I'm actually considering doing a co op now. It'll work out to be cheaper for me, plus it may help the other board members.

If you're interested, LMK.

Oh, and the above prices were from Oils By Nature. I checked the site today though, and they no longer have shea in the 7lb. pails.

Oils By Nature: http://www.oilsbynature.com/product-category/butters.htm

My co-op thread: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=115789#post115789