Desert weather

I'm going to be working with 464 and right now it's really cool in the desert but that'll all go away by late May. It'll then be between 90 and up to 110 on some days :(

Will it be ok to work with 464 when it gets that hot? We don't have central air conditioning only those AC's you put in your window and I don't have a basement either

Guest OldGlory

I have been making candles with 464 for years. I live in TN and our summer temps go into the 90s June thru Sept.. I don't ship 464 candles those months and I wouldn't be able to do markets or fairs outside in the summer because the wax starts melting around 83-85 degrees.

I don't really know what you mean by "will it be ok to work with 464 during those months". You can make candles in an environment under 80 degrees, so yes you can work with it. You just can't leave them outside for more than a few minutes.

I should've worded it better but meant being able to make candles when it's over 90 degrees by 10 am till 7pm. I guess I could still make them during the summer if I start really early in the morning but will my candles be able to set/cure when it's that hot? I also just remembered that we started using the swamp cooler last summer which brings a lot of moisture throughout the house and now I'm worried that might affect the candles too... Thanks for the help OG