aroma - lite wicks?

I almost find the definition alone hilarious. Scent comes from melted wax and melted wax alone. Saying a wick is for a highly scented candle is sort of like saying everything is better with bacon. Every wax type works best with a different type of wick. Soy is more viscous thus needs a wick that is hotter than say a paraffin which in contrast isn't. Scent is the least of my worries when choosing a wick. I want a wick that burns correctly for the type of wax I am using. Who is selling such a thing?

Thanks for the reply.I know what you are saying and agree.I was searching for a diffrent wick to try and ended up at adkin & pearce wicks and thats what the was stated in the aroma -lite wick listing.I was just wondering.I have the scent I like but thought maybe a different wick will burn better,you know how it is,always greener pastures. LOL I thought what is this wick,I have never heard of it before.I did do a search here but I thought maybe there would be a up date on the subject.

So A&P is selling it? Unreal. They are one of the major wick mfgrs! My honest quarter after nearly 20 years of candle making is this. Find a wick that burns your wax the best. If your melt pool is complete and after 4 hours burn time the depth of the melt pool is close to but not exceeding 1/2" in depth, you will have great throw. If you're not getting it, then I'd test other waxes because the wick isn't the problem, the scent and or wax is. :)

Guest OldGlory

Could it be that when A&P says a certain wick is for highly scented candles that it means for a candle with a higher percentage of FO rather than for better scent throw?