Now what is going on with Shelly's DIY EStores?

bugtussle

• 2 weeks later...

Shelly sold DIY at the beginning of July and dumped her Client Assistants the same day with no warning. I worked for her for almost 8 years and that was the thanks I got. The sale fell through, however and Shelly decided to effectively close DIY. A short time later the programmer of DIY/Feature Cart emailed me and said he'd disabled the DIY website, which he only does for non-payment. I've had clients emailing me for months asking me what's going on etc. Sadly, I basically have to tell them they are s-c-r-e-w-e-d, and give them this story. Shelly just posted on mydiyestores dot com that she has closed DIY. The message is new, but it's been closed basically since July. And the sad part is that she has posted her email address there (shelly at diyestores dot com) for current clients to email her with support questions; but she can't even access that email account because the DIY domain is still disabled by the programmer. And she knows this, of course, so she posted a non-reachable email address on purpose. I suggest that if you have a website on DIY that you move it ASAP. My recommendation is Little Fish Hosting. It is run by a wonderful lady named Rachel, who used to work for DIY but left several years ago and opened her own hosting company. It is very affordable and she offers three different hosting packages, the highest of which is no more than what you are paying at DIY. Best of luck to anyone at DIY. I'm very sorry you have been treated this way, it is not right. Take care.