need help with ?? Bee's wax benifits

Well I don't know if I have seen any "Benefit" from using it. It hardens up the wax a bit. If anything it is a more PITA to use. I had wicking issues, and the finished product comes out with blotches on my jars. It looks worse than a wet spot.

It does have a unique smell to it, and causes my FO to smell sweeter. But you have to be careful with what you use it in. Some mixes smell funny with a slight honey scent.

I am not into the whole renewable wax, that doesn't soot, mojo. My candles don't soot with or without beeswax. I make mine because a special request. The guy has a honey farm, and needed something to do with the wax, he loved my candles, so he sells me the wax cheap so I can make him so BW candles.

The bees wax is gonna raise the melting point, so you'll prolly have to wick up. If you aren't careful, you might wind up burning hotter than is safe for your container. Some of the container folk might know more.

I'm not sure what benefits there would/could be from using it.

I've only heard of using beeswax in soy container candles. With pure soy being unstable, the beeswax gives it a smooth top. Never heard of mixing it in paraffin containers.

You can mix it in with paraffin too.

I use it in my containers (paraffin) it gives better burn times. Really can help the candle burn cleaner. I find when you do it right you can get a longer burning candle without having to change wicks. But the percent will probably be different depending on the wax & wick's you use. Also I use straight paraffin & don't need to add as much vybar. The other benefit is there are just those people out there that like to hear there is bees wax in your candles.

Play around with the % start with 5-10-15-20 see what you like & what will work for you.

HTH,

Karen B

I only use a tablespoon per lb of wax.. too much more in my pure soy - seems to make it crack - i do notice from testing - the wick isnt as flickery and its a nice slower burn - but not slow enough to drown it out.. Also - the tarts came out beautifully with no frosting - since I dont like to add anything to my soy for that..

Heather

I use 3% BW in my soy plain 415. Tried 4% once it made a beautiful smooth top, but I needed to wick up to HTP 105 from HTP 104. Naturally I only had a few 105's, so I dropped back to 3%. Not to mention the added expense and benefits didn't out weigh the other. I too notice a different kind of smell with some scents especially the lighter fragrances. We are most likely our biggest critics in search of that perfect candle.

HTH

JOHN