Attempting beeswax tarts/melts

eris

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at this forum for a while but this is my first post.

I dabble in beeswax candles and B&B (no expert though). I thought I could try making beeswax tarts with some of my leftover wax. I tried one with essential oils and spices, and I put a dash of coconut oil in to lower the melting temp (although I have seen a lot of people selling pure beeswax ones so guess they must work ok). It worked alright I think but I have some questions to maybe help improve them.

Is it safe to put in things like herbs, spices, petals, dried leaves etc? Guessing it is ok because there's no naked flame and the warmer doesn't get that hot?

I have a little candle mold, a bear and skep one (it's pretty generic, most people have probably seen it) bout 2 inches high and an inch in diameter at the base. Any reason I shouldn't be making tarts in this shape? I don't like the way the candle burns so don't want to use it for candles anymore but would like to keep using it for something.

I have an electric essential oil burner, can that be used as a tart warmer or are they different things? (I don't know that much about tarts/melts - are they even the same thing?)

Would be really grateful for some advice from those in the know! Thanks! :grin2:

Is it safe to put in things like herbs, spices, petals, dried leaves etc? Guessing it is ok because there's no naked flame and the warmer doesn't get that hot?

Well yes and no if you are sure that you melt will always be used in an electric burner you are good but there are still a lot of tealight burner being sold that would a concern for me.

I have a little candle mold, a bear and skep one (it's pretty generic, most people have probably seen it) bout 2 inches high and an inch in diameter at the base. Any reason I shouldn't be making tarts in this shape? I don't like the way the candle burns so don't want to use it for candles anymore but would like to keep using it for something.

I do not see a problem here my Question would be how much wax does it hold because most people melt an ounce or less and beeswax is to hard to break apart.

I have an electric essential oil burner, can that be used as a tart warmer or are they different things? (I don't know that much about tarts/melts - are they even the same thing?)

Do you have a picture? I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about but not positive.