Help!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I am attempting my first HP crockpot soap. Well, I am following the instructions on this site. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I forgot the stick blender when I was at Walmart and instead was using my other blender. I can't think right now, but it's the one with the two beaters that most use for cakes. I use it for whipping shea. Well, it's not tracing! I don't know what's wrong. I've left it there and thought that maybe it needs to be a bit hotter. I went to check a few minutes ago and it's getting thicker, but not like the pictures posted. I just want to know if I did it right. I measured my oils and lye and water correctly, but could it be the crock is not hot enough? Any help right now would do.

My first try at HP did not follow the tutorial at all! so dont be surpised if yours doesn't either. I'm assuming that the other mixer would work, just be careful not to splash yourself. It takes time, but it will work. I always have my crockpot on high and beat it to trace and let it do its thing. You can IM me if you have any questions. or i'll check back to see if you've posted, i'm just about to start a batch myself