I hate Customer Service

annie123

One of my customers in Canada, just received her order...nothing is right!

The sample leaked into the plastic bag.

The scent is not the same did I change the formula? She wants the old formula back!!!

There is something wrong with her body spray.

The scent is the same, same %, no it doesn't smell funky it is the same scent I have been using for years.

I'd like to say: No you old bat it is your nose that is not working but what's the point.

So, I just issued a full refund so I wouldn't end up with a bunch of crap on my feedbacks.

Some days I just wonder why I bother with all this...surely it is not for the money.

No doubt we could write books on silly customers.

I once had a fairly regular customer who decided she didn't like the scent she chose. I can't remember what it was. So she brought it back, complaining that she didn't like it and wanted to trade it for something else. I asked her if it burned OK, but she said there was nothing wrong with it but the scent. Keep in mind she chose the candle in the first place.

I told her I couldn't give her a replacement for that reason since she liked it when she bought it. So she moseyed around in my shop for awhile, selected 3 or 4 more candles to buy, one of which was the exact same scent she was trying to return.

I just smiled and took her money.

No doubt we could write books on silly customers.

I once had a fairly regular customer who decided she didn't like the scent she chose. I can't remember what it was. So she brought it back, complaining that she didn't like it and wanted to trade it for something else. I asked her if it burned OK, but she said there was nothing wrong with it but the scent. Keep in mind she chose the candle in the first place.

I told her I couldn't give her a replacement for that reason since she liked it when she bought it. So she moseyed around in my shop for awhile, selected 3 or 4 more candles to buy, one of which was the exact same scent she was trying to return.

I just smiled and took her money.

People are so stupid...

• 3 weeks later...

It can be pretty hard sometimes. I've been lucky enough to not have to deal with many problems like this at all, but it sucks when it happens. Just gotta try to focus on the positive. There should be much more positive than negative and if not, it's time to take a look at yourself lol. Love your story SliverOfWax. That's just... wow. :/ Lol.

Just closed my store for the Holidays I need a break. Most customers are great, many repeats but once in a while you run into problems. Call me suspicious but it is always from 1st time orders for small amount from people who have no feedbacks.

"I never received my order" but the tracking number shows it was delivered to the address provided or "it was stolen out of my mailbox"...I had a women file a case against me both on Etsy and Paypal because her order was stolen out of her mailbox and I wouldn't replace it.

Sometimes it's just easier to refund than deal with all the drama.

I feel your pain. I always refund if the customer sends back every single thing. No freebies for jerk customers- ever. I do not care about feedback from one PITA customer. I can live with it. My positive feedback speaks for itself. I hope that your other sales have turned out much better.