Just curious: Craftlister.com

Sal_gal48

I just got a notice that my "membership" (huh?) had expired and when I went to rejoin they asked for payment through Paypal in the amount of $2 a week or $59 a year.

Anybody else get that?

Anybody (strange enough) to join their site with a paid membership?

Had you ever purchased anything on the site, like the credits you use to view crafter accounts? That's the membership they're talking about.

I've been with them for at least 2 years and basically just check the events & craft shows.

I believe this is something new he started.

But he is offering free months with reviews of shows, so if you went to any of the shows that are listed all you have to do is add a review and you get another month or two free (I don't remember the details).

He's asking for more than that. I did reviews of shows. I also did messages in the forum. I also submitted events to the site, so I don't know what else he wants. But what if you only went to one show or you didn't go to any shows at all?

He must remember this is a seasonal craft for most of us. Most of us don't do it as a business (or else we would starve) so it's the spring and fall.

At least for me it's the fall/winter only.

If getting access to the site is a $59/yr membership fee, then I don't really need it. I've got a list of all the craft shows in Chicago anyway.

In order to get the "free" membership time you need to post your sale$ and the number of transactions that you had at that particular show along with your review. He did this becuase no one was entering any reviews to any of the shows and I believe he was trying to make it a "win win" for everyone by giving away free membership time in exchange for show reviews. if you are going to pay for a site to find craft shows go to festivalnet.com . It is much better than craftlister in my opinion!