Another Frasier Fir thread! Which company's is most like the Thymes brand?

Theresse

Hello -

Sorry to *dead horse* here folks! I know many of us love this scent and there's been more than a couple of threads about it in the past.

So far I've read (from searching) Peaks, Cierra candles (?), and WSP all make it. Any others you know of - but more importantly - have any of you compared these or feel strongly that one of them is a close dupe for the Thymes ones? I love love LOVE that scent (more than just during the holidays) and want to make a bunch as gifts. I've spent a zillion bucks on those suckers as gifts in the past and all recipients love them.

Thymes says it's got in it fir, cedarwood and sandalwood, though I'm sure other "secret ingredients" too.

Thanks!

Guest OldGlory

I really thought WSP Frasier Fir was close to Thymes. I worked in a store that burned a Thymes candle all the time and sold a dozen or more different products made with the same fragrance. So I told all my coworkers I had a great dupe and took in a sample of a candle with WSP Frasier Fir. It was way different. There is a sharpness, a top note to the Thymes FO that WSP doesn't have.

• 3 weeks later...
I really thought WSP Frasier Fir was close to Thymes. I worked in a store that burned a Thymes candle all the time and sold a dozen or more different products made with the same fragrance. So I told all my coworkers I had a great dupe and took in a sample of a candle with WSP Frasier Fir. It was way different. There is a sharpness, a top note to the Thymes FO that WSP doesn't have.

I've never found any that are an exact dupe for the Thymes scent, but WSP's Frasier is indeed the closest. It's not exactly the same, but it's a great FO, and one of the most natural-smelling pine scents I've ever found. It's a little bit "flat" by itself; try mixing in a small amount of Fresh Dirt, which adds that little bit of sharpness that the FO needs.