Tins verses Jars

Do you use just tins? Just jars? Both? Before I get into testing jars too much I am really considering the tins. But I think a lot of ppl still like the jars for the appearance while burning. So I am thinking maybe 6 oz tins and 8 or 10 oz jars. What size tins seem to sell best for those who sell more than one size? I really dont want 16 oz jars, last time I made candles those barely sold at all. but I am thinking 6 and 8 oz are just too similiar in sizes. I am 100% open to suggestions/advice. It's been over 2 years since I've made candles so I dont know what is more popular now and in what sizes.

That's a tough question. In my market, I used to sell 8 oz tins probably 20 to 1 over glass. I made 8 oz masons just to have glass for those who wanted it.

Then about 4 years ago, people almost immediately switched to 8 oz masons. I rarely sell tins these days.

There seemed to be no reason or explanation.

Truthfully, most of my sales now are wickless in 6 oz tureens.

All three of the above mentioned are the same price; i.e., $8.00.

I, too, have never been able to move anything over 8 oz, or anything in seasonal or fancy jars. Breaks my heart because I adore unusual containers.