4627 comfort blend / Interlude Jar-wicking question

I've been scouring this forum for a month trying to find the answers Im looking for before asking questions.

So, I've been trying to single wick a 12 oz Libbey Interlude for at least a month now with 4627 comfort blend. (Hourglass shaped, 3.75" top diameter. I've tried every size of the larger sizes of HTP wicks up through 1212 and 126. Since HTP is recommended for this wax Im trying to stick with it, and have decided to move onto trying to double wicking. My question is if anyone that might have experience with this jar/container combo could suggest a starter size for double wicking this? Or even if you know of another series of wick that works well as a single wick in this wax and could produce a full MP?

Ps: I use 1oz FO pp of wax, and use no more than maybe 5 drops liquid wax pp also.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Remember that this jar is wide on the top then it gets much more narrow. During that part of the burn the wax usually catches up and at the bottom it becomes much hotter as the heat is trapped under the narrowing, so you want to make sure you don't overwick.

Have you burned one to the very end?

So I ended up double wicking this jar with a number of htp and eco combinations and I think I have a winner! 2 Eco 4s seem to be doing the trick! There was a fair bit of hang up until I got halfway down the glass and it all ended up melting away making a perfect melt pool, glass not too hot, flame not too big or smokey or anything. May not work tomorrow but glad it worked today!

Edited by MissKasey

• 2 months later...

Looked through my testing notes and I had no issues with the ECO 14 in the 12oz Interlude jars. They had good throw and melt pool. This was done in soy wax; C3, EcoSoya 135, Eco Advanced, GW 415, GW 444, and GW 464. I have never tried the ECO wicks in paraffin so not sure. ECO wicks were actually made for natural waxes (Soy/Palm/Beeswax) and are primed with a vegetable wax. Have you tried a CD18 or CD20?

HTP is the recommended wick for Comfort Blend. If you can get eco to not smoke, you're a miracle worker. My experience has been to give up on a particular container before messing around too much with wicks.

Justsasen, CB is nothing like soy. It is nothing like any other paraffin, in fact. What works in soy is irrelevant.

Which is why I replied that ECO wicks were made for natural waxes ie. soy... and offered up the notion of CD wicks; which is what a friend of mine who uses Comfort Blend uses in her candles with success.

HTP is the recommended wick for Comfort Blend. If you can get eco to not smoke, you're a miracle worker. My experience has been to give up on a particular container before messing around too much with wicks.

Justsasen, CB is nothing like soy. It is nothing like any other paraffin, in fact. What works in soy is irrelevant.