Adding soy oil to MP soap

Tracey

Hi all-

I have been experimenting with some MP recipes I found on this site and adding things such as oils and oatmeal, etc. Most of the recipes call for avacado oil or olive oil, etc. Since most of what I make is soy based I thought I'd use soy oil instead.

Has anyone tried using soy oil in mp soap or soaps in general?? How were your results? It seems as though the soaps aren't lathering that well and I wondered if it was the soy oil causing that-I used a mp base that normall lathers quite well.

Thanks for any help

Tracey

hey Prairie Ann-

I used

8oz opaque soap base

4 tbsp Soy oil

4 tbsp milk powder

4 tbsp oil

4 tbsp honey

The original recipe called for olive oil, but I used the soy oil. The soap has a wonderful feel to it, nice and creamy and it "works", left my skin feeling very soft, I just didn't get a whole lot of lather.

Thanks

Tracey

:)

When you say lack of lather..do you mean lack of bubbles? I ask because you said that it felt nice and creamy which is the result of the lather correct? My only suggestion would be to add some castor oil to that exact recipe, or replace the unnamed oil with castor and see if that helps... Castor really does make a difference. HTH :)

Yes, lack of bubbles would be a better description. I get a I may just try the castor oil. Do you think I could melt down the soaps I have and add some and then re pour them??? Or will remelting them ruin them?????

I will have to get some castor oil and then wait until my order of soap base gets here to try it out.

The soap gets creamy and works fine just doesn't have much for bubbles.

Thanks

Tracey