Why Are 2oz Candles Such A

Pita to wick There driving me crazy. I am tring to wick a 2 oz stratus jar. I just love the look of these little jars. Here is what I have tested so far.

I use 6006 wax, I am using peaks pecan pie No color The wicks I am testing are

cd 3, cd5, lx16, 36 24 zinc, 44 24 zinc and an eco 4 The cd's seem to be doing the best right now the 36 zinc drowned. I am I missing any other wicks or sizes of wicks that may work with this wax. I am really determined to get these little buggers to burn right. I am not giving up no matter how mad I get. I am gonna win this battle LOL :laugh2:

What is the diameter of those jars? LX 16 is a pretty big wick as is ECO 4. You might as well throw HTP wicks into that collection but I am surprised that the CD wicks didn't do it for you. Also, some of those bakery scents are wick killers, I still can't get cinnamon buns to burn properly.

There only 1 3/4 inches round. The cd wicks burn good in my jar But I am getting no or very little HT. I am thinking about tring the 4627 and see how that wax works. If I remember I used to get great ct and ht from this wax. Oh the fun of testing LOL

That's a fairly small candle, kind of like a votive, how deep and wide of a melt pool are you getting? If that were straight paraffin, I'd be using a LX-8 or LX-10, maybe your consumption is too high with the wick you are using. With parasoy I have tried a CD-5 in a 2 inch container and it works well. Could you be over wicked?

That could be it My CD 3 burns good in it. But I think I am gonna test some 4627 To me the HT is not as strong as I would like it.

Using 4633 and 4630 paraffin wax, I used either LX12 or the 41 zinc core wick with great success. From my experience with 4627 you will probably need to use a larger wick, that being either LX14 or the 51 zinc core. Out of the entire line of status jars - 8oz, 12oz, 21oz - I always found the 2oz the easiest to wick and it performed extremely well, no throw issues, no wick issues and it burned very clean.