Those who pour melts in cups-question about how you store, please.

justajesuschick

I have just finished restocking my melts. I have fresh batches made of all 36.

I have always stacked the cups in large polypro bags tied closed with a torn muslin strip and stored in a candle cabinet or Rubbermaid bins. I label the large bag with detail that is not on the smaller labels such as date made, ratios of wax, percentages of FO's, supplier name, etc. I do not label each melt until I am giving or selling them. Mainly because I do not need to waste a label if it is for self use, which is the majority.

This does work fine but I do wonder how you store melts in cups. I was thinking of perhaps getting a number of (like 40) smaller bins and storing each scent in it's own container and labeling the outside with an Avery label as I do the bags.

Would love to hear or see a picture of how you store filled cups.

Thank you!

I bought a bunch of small plastic bins from the dollar store. I label them with the scent I am putting in each bin. Then I put them in a big cabinet with shelves. When I need them I just pick the bin with the one I need.

I need to take some tips from you girls!! I'm so unorganized.... I have a nice big Americana basket with leather handles. Whatever I make for personal use, or after I have tested it, I just throw it in the basket. When I'm not testing and I actually get to burn something out of there I have to dig til I find something that suits my mood. I still have lots from last fall and winter in there. Maybe someone will come help me organize my candle room after we get in the new house!!!!

wow- you guys are an inspiration for organization!! I've been testing so many fo's that I'd have to buy dozens of bins to put them in (and probably need an extra storage room)! I've just stacked them in a small storage drawer for now- until I narrow down the ones I love and want to keep... That makes sense to put all the like ones in a bin that's labeled with the fo name, maybe bins that stack for storage that you could put on shelves.. I think you need your very own wax melt room!!

wow- you guys are an inspiration for organization!! I've been testing so many fo's that I'd have to buy dozens of bins to put them in (and probably need an extra storage room)! I've just stacked them in a small storage drawer for now- until I narrow down the ones I love and want to keep... That makes sense to put all the like ones in a bin that's labeled with the fo name, maybe bins that stack for storage that you could put on shelves.. I think you need your very own wax melt room!!

I got my small bins from the dollar store. There packed 4 bins for 1.00. You can't beat that. I have bought about 75 of them I make lots of scents.

Edited by Dolphin146

I DO have my own wax melt room!

This is the main wall:

post-14519-139458510673_thumb.jpg