Help with Twilight Woods?

Chefmom

I have been trying to make this work off and on for the past year. I made the first candle with 6006 and my husband loves it. However it isn't throwing well. I have done both 10% and 6% in straight 6006 with LX wicks and HTP wicks. I have put the exact same mixture into my wax warmer with moderately good throw. The candles are weak, only filling a small area with a weak scent.

Leave it to the husband, he talked this scent up at work and now a guy he works with wants a candle. I am determined to make this one work!! Both the LX and the HTP wicks that I used burned well, the only issue was scent throw.

I purchased some 4627 as a sample and made a candle with HTP 83 in a basic 8oz jelly jar. I have been burning for almost 2 hours and am not impressed. I even walked the dogs to get out of the house and came back in, I can hardly detect the scent. I heated to 190*, added the FO (6%) immediately, stirred for a good minute, maybe a touch more and then poured at 179*. Set up at room temp. It looked gorgeous, and the cold throw was amazing.

I followed my usual path with the 6006, and have gone through my 4 ounce bottle just with testing (Peak's Twilight Woods). I also really like this FO, and it's making me a little nuts.

Does anyone have success with this FO? I see that Lonestar also has a Tw. Woods dupe, but I have only used my Peak's one.

I have other waxes on hand (464, 4630, 4627, 6006) and I will use any wax/system I need to get this one to work!! Thanks. :lipsrseal