WSP Discontinuing their candle supply line

This makes me very sad. When we started 10+ yrs ago, they were one of the top suppliers. Some of their FOs are excellent and I still use them. I don't agree that China is our top candle competitor; Yankee is still doing great but times are tough. I think she just didn't make the markup she gets on Soap and B&B. IMHO

Yes I agree with Carole

make the markup she gets on Soap and B&B

Other than that I used to get a lot of candle supplies from WSP, now just one oil from there which I have found a replacement fro, cheaper too!! Their oils were expensive!!

Yes I agree with Carole

Other than that I used to get a lot of candle supplies from WSP, now just one oil from there which I have found a replacement fro, cheaper too!! Their oils were expensive!!

I felt that the commetary which was posted in the blog was a bit "suspicious"; Either wrong, evasive or excusive, actually.

I've not purchased there, but I think the statement implying that no one should get into the candle making business was a bit over the top. Maybe that company shouldn't have gotten into the candle making supplies business.

The chandlering world is in an evolving state of transition. That, however, has been the case since all I could find to dye wax with was crayons.

The more succesfull chandlers will adjust and evolve to keep abreast of conditions. When the less talented or more inflexible makers quit the trade, there will be more of the pie left for those that remain to get a larger share.

Candles have been around since early Roman times. If mankind should eradicate the human species, the last meal eaten by the last person left will most likely eaten by candlelight if eaten at night.

Seriously! Just my very humble, but predjudiced opinion.

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

It's sad I used to buy from them long ago when there prices were good. Over the years they got to expensive so I changed to other companies for my supplies. I to got the feeling when I read there blog that they were telling people that candlemaking was a dead horse and that it was a bad idea to start a candlemaking business. Oh well atleast I got a good deal on 4 boxes of wax that I ordered from them the other day. :grin2: