The CandleSource wicks just say medium...

I have never seen wicks labeled as medium. Does anyone have any idea what size they are, or are compared to? I know they are zinc wicks, but when I messaged them about what size they used in their own 8 oz jj candles they replied that they use the medium size. :undecided

Personally, I would just move on if they won't label the wick with the proper size. There are just too many different kinds of wicks and different sizes to say "it's medium". When McDonald's made the supersize, the large fry became the medium size. So medium is only medium when small and large is all you have to choose from.

I think it's a suppliers effort to keep you buying from them because you know that you use "medium" but you can't buy it from anyone else because you don't know how to translate medium into the real world and the endless numbers of wicks.

Early on I picked up a spool of yaley's flat braided wick at Michael's. It was medium. Once I learned about the many sizes of flat braided wick I picked the braid apart and counted the strands. It's 18 or 24 ply, I would have to check the spool but I did write it down so that I knew exactly what the REAL size was. That is possible with flat braid, but I don't think you can do that with other kinds of wicks.

Candlewic carries just about every wick, there is no reason not to come clean and list your wicks properly.