Pictures In Gel?

eitsfan

Hi All,

I saw a post somewhere about pictures being laminated and then placed in gel candles but I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. My question is, how would you keep the pic in place while pouring the gel? Any ideas? Thanks!

Chris

Hi All,

I saw a post somewhere about pictures being laminated and then placed in gel candles but I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. My question is, how would you keep the pic in place while pouring the gel? Any ideas? Thanks!

Chris

Anything potentially flammable needs to be put outside the area where the wick will be burning. For example; Many put a glass insert in the middle, fill with gel and wick. The glass will keep the flame from getting to the possible flammable item and is usually not all that noticeable inside the gel.

In regard to how you hold your laminated pic in place while pouring, using a clear fishing line is one way to hold it in place while the gel sets up. Just poke a tiny little hole in the pic, put the fishing line through in a loop fashion, and secure at the top of the holder until everything sets up. Then just snip one side of the loop and pull the line out.

HTH and GL