True Hurricane Mold

I have scoured the interwebs and I cannot find the type of mold I am looking for...so I am coming here to ask those in the know if it even exists. I am looking for what I call a "true" one pour hurricane mold. Basically a mold that already has an insert in it approximately 2.5" long by 2" around... so that when you pour it and then take it out...voila a hurricane candle and all you have to do is put a votive holder in it.

Does this make sense? I have watched many hurricane candle videos and have never seen them done this way.

I currently make my hurricane candles by placing a votive holder upside down on the bottom of my larger mold..apply pressure using a ruler...pour my paraffin wax...and wait for it to solidify some and then release pressure. While this works great for me...I would love to simply pour my wax...walk away and a few hours later...voila hurricane candle :)

I am attaching a picture... what I am looking for is something like this...only on a larger scale...

Hoping I am making sense LOL

rsz_imag0157_zps96442209.jpg

Hi JustJasen,

Yup...you make perfect sense to me.... WWW.CANDLESANDSUPPLIES.COM has these plugs below. I have bought the tealight plug (looks like they are out of these) and really thought it was really neat, but have never bought the votive plug....wanted to but didn't. I made mine with pillar wax and still had to do a second pour (for the bottom). Are these what you are looking for?

Rubber-Tealight-Plug-per-each-image.gif

Click on image to enlarge

Itemdetail_zoom-img.jpg

Rubber Flower Pot Votive Plug per each

Item #: PLUG-FPV

Price: $17.99

$17.99

Qty:

Add To Cart

Create your own keepsake candles using virtually any mold. This easy to use rubber plug attaches to the bottom of most molds with a wick hole and creates an empty space in the top of your candle so that you can put a replaceable votive cup in the candle. Great for any type of candle that is not suited for burning like wedding candles, candles with flammable embeds keepsake candles etc. Also available in tealight size.

Rubber Tealight Plug per each

Create your own keepsake candles using virtually any mold. This easy...

Price: $5.50

Qty:

(Out of Stock)

View Prices

Edited by puma52

You are a genius!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Hi JustJasen,

Yup...you make perfect sense to me.... WWW.CANDLESANDSUPPLIES.COM has these molds below. I have bought the tealight plug (looks like they are out of these) and really thought it was really neat, but have never bought the votive plug....wanted to but didn't. I made mine with pillar wax and still had to do a second pour (for the bottom)Are these what you are looking for?

Click on image to enlarge

Itemdetail_zoom-img.jpg

Rubber Flower Pot Votive Plug per each

Item #: PLUG-FPV

Price: $17.99

$17.99

Qty:

Add To Cart

Create your own keepsake candles using virtually any mold. This easy to use rubber plug attaches to the bottom of most molds with a wick hole and creates an empty space in the top of your candle so that you can put a replaceable votive cup in the candle. Great for any type of candle that is not suited for burning like wedding candles, candles with flammable embeds keepsake candles etc. Also available in tealight size.

Rubber Tealight Plug per each

Create your own keepsake candles using virtually any mold. This easy...

Price: $5.50

Qty:

(Out of Stock)

View Prices

Glad to help ya....good luck!!! Looking at these makes me want to buy this plug now.......... :) Hmmm.... it's been a long time since I made the tealight plug pillar ... maybe time to revisit...

Edited by puma52

You have no idea how long I have been looking for something like this :) It looks like the "wick" is a small screw so you can screw it from the other side to make sure it is nice and tight on the bottom?

Glad to help ya....good luck!!! Looking at these makes me want to buy this plug now.......... :)

That is exactly how it works....the plug has the thread attached to it and that goes through the wick hole and you tighten it up with a nut from the other side. Yup that is it!! I looked for the tealight one a long time ago too. I was tickled to death when I found these. :) The votive one would be neat to have too. Is there something special that you are making these for? A wedding? I'm so happy you found what you were looking for. :) When you search and search and search for something, you just hope eventually you will find your answer...just shows ya to never give up....Have a great evening! :)

Edited by puma52

I just really like making hurricane candles..and these will make it so much easier :) I recently started selling my candles at a local antique shop and will start selling at flea markets this year as well. Hurricane candles are great for people who don't like traditional candles...they find them easier and versatile by simply placing a different votive in them. I plan on having my website up and running by April and hope to share it with everyone here :)

That is exactly how it works....the plug has the thread attached to it and that goes through the wick hole and you tighten it up with a nut from the other side. Yup that is it!! I looked for the tealight one a long time ago too. I was tickled to death when I found these. :) The votive one would be neat to have too. Is there something special that you are making these for? A wedding? I'm so happy you found what you were looking for. :) When you search and search and search for something, you just hope eventually you will find your answer...just shows ya to never give up....Have a great evening! :)

I would love to see one of these after you have it made up. Yes, our customers are always looking for something new and different for their homes...it sure keeps us all busy! Once again, I am so glad that you found what you were looking for. Can't wait for you to share your website with all of us. Have fun and have a great day!! :)

Edited by puma52

What I do is use tacky micro wax to hold the tealight cup or votive cup in place and just pour the wax. It doesn't seep under the glass. If you want to remove the holder after pouring, just put the tacky wax on the rim and slightly outside of itl If you want it embedded forever to just drop a new tea light or votive in, then put the tacky wax on the sides as well. So far, I haven't had one that I could remove if I wanted to when I do the sides as well.

What I also had to do is have DH cut a round piece of cork to put in the bottom of the tea light/votive holder, and tacked it down with tacky craft glue. It raised it just enough to keep the flame visible throughout the entire burn of the tea light/votive. Hope that made sense.