mixing soy GB464 with Paraffin IGI4786? or strait GB464?

Hello, I need help! I've been using 464 for my candles but I cant seem to get a good scent throw. Cold throw is amazing but hot is mostly non existing. I'm using the largest wick and even that doesnt help. Should I double wick? I was also wondering if I would be able to mix these two waxes and maybe add crisco so my candle can look smooth. Since I have read that Crisco helps with frosting. I do have frosting problems also :(

I did use wooden wicks and those worked amazingly well. These are a bit pricey and would like to stick to regular wicks. I dont like strait cotton wicks. Too much soot and smoke. I'm using LX30 in 8oz glass and 8oz tins. The tins are the ones that frost a whole lot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

First thing is that you should use the search feature on this site as there is a wealth of information regarding this question. What fragrance oils (FO) and from which supplier are you using? CD wicks are popular in soy/veggie waxes, I have not had much luck with LX and a LX-30 is a huge wick.

If would wicks work, that should give some clues, How fast do you get a melt pool and how deep? Do the other wicks produce a similar melt pool?

Some of us (including myself) do mix waxes and have good results. Depends on what kind of candle you want to make, all soy, all paraffin, or a blend. If you do change your wax blend, then you'll be starting over with the wicks and testing again. I don't use 4786, so I can't help there and, yes, 464 frosts.

Thanks so much for replying. I'm new here and dont know how to search around. My computer isnt working and I'm using my phone for searching. I will definitely look around more.

I'm using Peek / Millcreek and candle wick FO's

I dont get much of a melt pool from the wicks i'm using. Thats why I was considering double wicking since the wood wick worked very well.

I guess I will have to purchase other wicks and give them a try since I am considering mixing my waxes.

Thanks for your help.