Where to store candle supplies

Hi... I am still a newbie and have been busy learning how to make candles and have a Q about storing all these stuff we order lol. I live Louisiana, where we don't have basements and the garage becomes 500 degrees from Feb to December, so all my stuff is in an extra bedroom on the floor! We trip over the wax slabs I have on the floor all the time. I have no idea where to keep my stuff. I don't want bookcases to put them on, I want them out of sight. I tell ya though, that is the best smelling bedroom in the house LOL. I was thinking of just stuffing them all in bins, but you can still see all that "clutter". I do not have any more closet space, they are full of other stuff, like my files and photo albums. I have my house up for sale as well, so how do I organize so that the buyers can't see my messy supplies?

Get some of those under the bed containers... I just bought some from big lots for $3 a piece... we use them for EVERYTHING lol stuffed with toys, clothes, candle supplies....

BTW The ones I bought where actually for wrapping paper... still work though

Ash

Get some of those under the bed containers... I just bought some from big lots for $3 a piece... we use them for EVERYTHING lol stuffed with toys, clothes, candle supplies....

BTW The ones I bought where actually for wrapping paper... still work though

Ash

Great idea, thanks for sharing. Never thought of those as space is limited here too.

You may have chosen the wrong hobby, if you're worried about the clutter in the spare bedroom. Most of us haven't SEEN our kitchen tables in years and cooking in the kitchen would get in the way, sooo...

That being said, Wallmart has some bookcases with doors, that could be used. As well as those underbed containers already mentioned. I doubt the underbed containers will contain it all for long.

well, i guess my situation is different since my house is for sale and have to have everything hidden. I hope to have a "craft's room" in my new house.

my bed underneath is full of my off season clothes/shoes lol.

Thanks though.

If you stored it in the big totes that aren't see through, then stacked neatly, it shouldn't matter if the house is for sale. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't hold it against you if I were looking. I mean, most people have hobbies of some sort. You still deserve a life. If everything is neat and looks cared for and clean, I wouldn't care.

If you stored it in the big totes that aren't see through, then stacked neatly, it shouldn't matter if the house is for sale. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't hold it against you if I were looking. I mean, most people have hobbies of some sort. You still deserve a life. If everything is neat and looks cared for and clean, I wouldn't care.

It's kind of a subliminal thing though.

Some things make the house 'feel' wrong, to a prospective buyer. An overcrowded room will feel small and clostrophobic, no matter that it's actually HUGE. A stack of stuff in the corner makes you think of the house as being small and not having any storage/closet space.

First impressions and such.

Some real estate people will ask you to take down some of the pictures of your family, because they don't want a prospective buyer seein this as YOUR home, you want the buyer to picture it as THIER home.

Pretty much anything that conveys too much of your personality, can put off a prospective buyer, because they start wondering if they can make Your house, into Thier home.

It's just more emotional than logical.:)

Pretty much anything that conveys too much of your personality, can put off a prospective buyer, because they start wondering if they can make Your house, into Thier home.

It's just more emotional than logical.:)

Hehehe If that's the case I'll never be able to sell my house....hahahahaha..it is allll my personality...lol

if u want the stuff out of site..I would suggest cleaning out one of your closets and dowsizing....cause other then totes...there is reall not alot u can do with the stuff...U could buy a big storage cabinet..with doors...but candle making is a ton of stuff and it all needs to be stored in cool dark area...sorry could not help more..GL!

Tara