Fictitious name registration

tbowers8403

So I have another sticky question.

I'm making my shop/biz official next month. I need to register my fictitious name. I move to FL in Feb. Should I just register in FL and charge sales tax to FL residents. I have an address I can use there. Or should I file in PA for now and FL in Feb?

Can I get past the fictitious name if I add "by Tasha" after the business name?

No trouble! I think this was a legit question that will help a lot of others. If you are physically selling in a state you need to register for a sales/resale tax ID in each state ... and report the sales in that state to their tax dept.

It's VERY important that you be sure to keep up with the reporting requirements and report $0 if you had no sales. If you fail to report a $0 they can assume that you failed to report which could lead to them assessing a tax on estimated sales and penalty. It's easy to turn in your tax ID if your circumstances change and you have no plans on selling in the state for a year.

No trouble! I think this was a legit question that will help a lot of others. If you are physically selling in a state you need to register for a sales/resale tax ID in each state ... and report the sales in that state to their tax dept.

It's VERY important that you be sure to keep up with the reporting requirements and report $0 if you had no sales. If you fail to report a $0 they can assume that you failed to report which could lead to them assessing a tax on estimated sales and penalty. It's easy to turn in your tax ID if your circumstances change and you have no plans on selling in the state for a year.

Would i have to claim the sales if they are online sales or just physically in that state?

Would i have to claim the sales if they are online sales or just physically in that state?

My statement was for sales that you make when you are physically in the state. Online sales are different ~ it depends on the rules of the state and I'm not up on that. I'd check the state's department of revenue site to check their current laws.