Help with 50/50 wax

Dolphin146

I am testing the JS 50/50 tart votive wax. Well I heated to 180 added my fo and dye and sturred I poured at 150. Well I am loving the ct But I noticed the tops are a little bumpy. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help would be appricated. :grin2:

Hi Dolphin, umm, I've never made a candle in my life but, I've been reading on here alot lol...I can't tell you what caused your bumpy tops but, from what I've read many have said they use a heat gun to smooth out candle tops..

Edited by Ivy

Dolphin, if you're talking about melts, add a little container soy...helps smooth out those dimples and will give you nice tops. Also, try pouring a few degrees lower...hth.

Edited by lmc

IMO, The dimples are caused by the wax cooling too fast.

I get the dimples during the colder months (I keep it pretty cool in my house), but not during the hotter Summer months.

I don't waste my time with the heat gun...

Also, A few of us Vendors have came to a conclusion that the 50/50 JS wax is the same as the KY Tart/Votive wax, and NG's Pillar of Bliss. (Made by CJ Robbinson)