Wick Testing Idea

I have been tirelessly testing wicks and came up with a more efficient system for testing that I thought I would share with everyone....

You seasoned veterans may already be doing this but here goes.

I pour a candle with the wax and fragrance desired and allow the candle to completely set up without a wick. Then I use a small drill-bit (no need for the drill) and stick the drill-bit down the center of the candle and insert a wick without the wick tab. Then you just light and wait to see how it burns. If you don't like the result, pull the wick out with tweezers, re-melt the wax in the oven if necessary and do the process all over again with another wick. saves alot of wax and fragrance! Hope this was helpful!!

Another point to remember is that it's important to start with a level surface on the candle. If there is a melt pool or the level of wax has diminished from the container, the results will not be as accurate. With pillars, it's an easy matter of simply cutting off the top, but containers are another matter.