Help! Soy Turned Somewhat Powdery

Most of my soy candles turn powdery when they sit for awhile. The heat gun will shine them up again. I have had tarts that start turning from the edges in. Depending on the batch of soy some will look great for years and others will turn or look lighter in a week or two. Tried bees wax when I had a batch that turned fast and it kept them from turning for over a year. Nothing to worry about it's just what soy does sometimes. I'm going to try the coconut oil next time just to see how it works on the drying thing.

Thanks everyone. This is a little worse than typical frosting. It almost looks like one side was eaten away where the powdery spot is. Probably because she put the lid on when it was still hot. I will try coconut oil. Looks like a characteristic of soy and nothing really to worry about.

Thank you again! :)

Does it have a bubbly, cauliflower look? I've seen a perfect soy candle do this after burning & it sure is ugly. Doesn't affect the burn or throw, but it's really funky looking. I've seen many complain about this, but have never seen an actual answer to 'why'. I just write it off as one of the many quirks of soy.

Susan.