Banana Nut Bread

Ok I made candles this weekend using GB444, RRD 29 for 4oz Jelly Jar, RRD 34 8oz, I used 1lb GB444 and 6% FO. I have pictures of the candles but only testing the 4oz at this time. I like the smooth tops the GB444 has compared to the candlewic soy125. but I have to say my wick was not centered which caused some tunneling in the beginning and now hangup on one side. here are the pictures and I will be back after I test the other 2. oh I forgot I did not use any dye for these.So what do you think?

th_banananutbreadcandle015.jpg?t=1320630106th_banananutbreadcandle014.jpg?t=1320630086th_banananutbreadcandle010.jpg?t=1320630325th_banananutbreadcandle019.jpg?t=1320630133

th_banananutbreadcandle018.jpg?t=1320630325th_banananutbreadcandle017.jpg?t=1320630325

I did and I quess it slipped? Im not sure what happen, Im going to post another picture after the 3hr burn it all caught up there is no hangup and HT is good. Im going is put it out and let cool and then relit. I am worried about the 8oz I wicked it with RRD 34 and I think that is going to be to big since the 4oz and 8oz jj are very close in size

Mzphee, clothespins do work, but there are better contraptions.

I like the bowtie wick bar. You can use it as you see in the photo in the link below,

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlemakingequipment_bow-tie-wick-bar.html

or you can turn it upside down, or you can use it to single wick. The "keyhole" opening in the bar allows you to pull the wick through and "lock" it into place. There are a lot of homemade devices - popcicle sticks with holes or notches, pencils and clothespins, etc. but wick bars really DO work better than all of the above. I have a few applications where I cannot use a wick bar, so I break out the ol' clothespin or whatever it takes, but for containers, bowties are da bomb.

Getting the wick tab centered in the bottom is no small feat! I use a "bullseye" type centering guides (attached below) to help with this. I made a jig (the corner of a cardboard box like the one in the photo) with a centering guide glued to the bottom in one corner. I just slap the jar in there and the guide underneath shows me exactly where to place the wicktab.

HTH & Have fun testing!!

since the 4oz and 8oz jj are very close in size

They are the same diameter. They take the same lids. They generally take the same wick size except the 8 oz. is deeper, so you may need a slightly smaller wick for it if the one you are using for the 4 oz. is on the hot side.

post-2519-139458487612_thumb.jpg

post-2519-139458487615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stella1952

Stella, that centering sheet is genius!

I truly love the vast knowledge on this site. I just keep reading and reading and reading until my eyes pop out (or the kids claim they are dying of starvation lol) and it all inspires me to want to try everything I see.