Mottling/frosting

Hi everyone, I’m new to forums so apologies if this isn’t the right way to post, I’ve been trying to make candles for a while and it’s never workin for me lol. I’ve posted a picture of my recent batch, I always have this problem but his was th first time using liquid dye, normally I just go natural, I use a mix of parrafin and soy, both claim to be used for containers, 2 parts parrafin to 1 part soy. I have tried lowering pour temp and preheating glass with heat gun to no avail.  I don’t particularly measure my scent or check the temp when’s I’m adding it, I would say i use day around 6ml of scent which made 2 jars. Anyone got any advice?

AC5FBD73-55A7-4D18-A6D0-647A1CFA9D0E.jpeg

Hi Melio and welcome 

first one of the most important aspects of candle making is measuring - you have to measure and be consistent or your results will be all over the place and your wicking a nightmare 

heat temps and pour temps are critical also 

I would recommend you start over and measure out and weigh your wax, use 6-8 % fragrance oil and weigh it

heat your wax to manufacture recommendation- typically at least 175 up to 200 depending, once it’s melted and mixed add your weighed fragrance and dye to the wax around 160 and stir it slowly but thoroughly until you reach desired pour temp then pour into your wicked jars 

using a combo of soy and paraffin can be tricky in finding that sweet spot of pour temp- soy typically likes to be poured cool and paraffin hot so maybe a good happy medium to start is around 130-140 but make sure it’s stirred well and blended 

so if your using one pound of wax total you would use .96 (rounded to 1 ounce of FO for 6%) or 1.28 (rounded to 1.3 ounce FO for 8%)

You cant just guess at adding fragrance and not know what temp your adding it, if the temp is to low it might be settling at the bottom and not fully incorporating 

what soy and paraffin are you using?

try again and you might be surprised 

Edited by moonshine

Thanks for the reply, the candles always smell nice when I’ve burnt them, flame is a little large but I just make sure I keep the, a safe distance from burning anything, they also burn fast, I don’t actually know which type of wax I’m using, I bought them from amazon uk sold by livemoor, what I saw the best way to measure the scent? Sorry I’m totslly confused wit this all still, are my candles ruined or could I just melt them down to retry?