Creating my own blend

Jocyr07

I'm wondering which directions I would follow if I were to make the following blend. When to add dye/FO/pour temp.. I'm wanting to make some strong tarts/clamshells I want to do a blend of IGI 4794 with IGI 4627..what would be a good ratio to start out with? I want them to be strong!!

Everybody wants their scents to come across as strong. That's why testing is so important. I would start with a 50/50 blend and test from there and come up with a formula that works for you. What I consider strong and what you consider strong may vary due to our personal preferences, environment, etc., And what works for me and my applications, may not work for you and yours. 

I personally don't take temps anymore, but I've been working with wax for almost 16 years now, so am used tot he look/feel/temp-by-touch. But in your situation, I would take the average of the manufactures recommendations for both waxes and approach it at that angle.

Good luck, I hope this helps a little. Please let us know if you have more questions.