Pouring wax too hot?

Good morning, I'm a newbie to the group although I been following the group for more than a month now. I have a question and I need so help. THANK SO MUCH for any comment or suggestion in advance.

I just start making my candle the other day. I was using a blend of 4625/4630/444. I added my FO at 170, stir for 3 minutes and poured. It been curing for a week now and I'm burning it and melting it and there are no scent on the HT.

How much scent did you add? It's really hard to "burn off scent" unless you have your wax at high temps for a very long time. 

Have you been exposed to your scents for a long time? Maybe you can't smell them because you have what we chandlers refer to as "candle nose" which basically means if you are over exposed to a scent you can lose the capacity to smell it. 

Are these container candles? Just curious as you have a pillar wax in your blend. It would be helpful to know the percentages of your blend also, to help hone the answer. 

Have you melted the tart? And, if so, can you smell it?  (I agree that you didn't heat high enough/long enough to burn off the fo)

The amount of fo added to wax seems OK.  Even tho you added a pillar wax (4625) to the mix, that wax does usually have a great scent throw, and would affect how the candle burns more than the fragrance throw.

Guest OldGlory

There are numerous factors that will effect a scent throw - the FO is weak, the FO doesn't work in your wax, maybe you have a head cold or allergies, or maybe you are a smoker, or maybe you have anosmia, maybe you have a fan blowing or central air on and it is recirculating the scent too quickly... and the list goes on. In other words, it could be YOU or it could be your INGREDIENTS. So, change it up until you can determinne which it is.

I would suggest that you try a different fragrance that is known to work in at least one of the paraffin waxes AND the 444 wax. I would suggest something like Blackberry Sage from Aztec, which works in 464 and 6006. 464 and 444 are very similar, and 6006 is a soy and paraffin blend. If not that fragrance, look thru the archives in Fragrance Discussion and see what FOs are known to work in your waxes.

Good luck! It takes a lot of testing and a lot of patience to make a great candle.