Do you weigh 1 oz. samples?

dianad

I'm wondering if anyone else weighs their 1 oz. samples of oils, besides myself, and if so, do you find that they are accurate? I always weigh mine, since I only make small batches of tarts at a time, for myself.

Last month I ordered 24 one ounce samples from a company that is pretty popular on here, and all but 4 bottles weighed .90 oz. That may not seem like alot to be short in a bottle, but it for sure adds up--my loss, their gain. I talked to the owner, and he told me that they are ABSOLUTELY weighed correctly, and that the .1 difference that I was short, was due to the slight little bit of oil that never comes out of the bottle. I assured him that I do everything but stand on my head, to get every bit of oil from every bottle!

Just ordered samples from the 2 other companies that had their 1 oz. sale just recently, and of those two, only Peak's samples have all been a full ounce or a tad bit more--without standing on my head, tapping, shaking, and holding the bottle upside down for a minute or more. THANK YOU PEAK'S!!!

When I first started I didn't - I "assumed"! lol Then, I wised up! I basically use 5 suppliers, with 3 main ones. 2 of the 3 are almost always OVER an ounce (when I order samples), and the other one can be a little short. But, the one that is also bottles theirs differently and I always notice how 'smelly' the packaging is before I even open it.. so I chalk it up to a leakage, not the supplier trying to short change me. Yea, it adds up, but.. what ya gonna do? ;0)