USPS Regional Priority

KarenOH

Incredible, I'm a retired carrier and I use regional a lot from my home. The post office is required by law to treat all shippers equally. that's commercial or residential.

@:Banirs, I am also a retired carrier. Took the early out a few years ago! Just in time!

@all: I ship over 4000 packages a year from my home. Rarely have an issue but when I do, I call.

All 'metered' packages, and by that I mean any pkg that has a scanable bar code on it, (Delivery Confirmation, Insured, Express, Sig Confirmation, etc...) from Stamps.com, Click & Ship labels, and etc..., should be accepted by any postal employee, at any time. Carriers are now REQUIRED to scan the barcode of these packages upon pickup. This is a relatively new requirement and not all employees are aware. Always politely ask your carrier to scan your packages. If they don't, or don't know this, CALL THE DELIVERY SUPERVISOR at your post office and politely explain that you are aware of this requirement and ask that he/she handle the situation.

If your packages have stamps on them, and they are over a certain weight, (13 oz???) they must be presented at any post office counter. (new security rules) This is not necessary if you use the metered labels as the barcode identifies the mailer in the event of an issue.

Priority/Express/Regional boxes/envelopes from the po are free. ALL of these boxes can be used by anyone.

If you have ANY problems with your pkg's, call and ask for the delivery supervisor. Politely explain your issue and do a follow up to make sure the problem is resolved. If you get no satisfaction from the supervisor, ask for the station head or postmaster.

Tom

NALC Br 1690 (Retired)

Edited by Snuff Gear