Lily

afloor12108

OK the problem you're having is that there's no such thing as a straight lilly flower. The most common lilly is called Asiatic Lily, but it doesn't actually have a smell so that's not much help. I'd get a Stargazer or Casablanca and then the most basic white lily fragrance you can find and bring them to your customer to pick. Chances are she's thinking of the Stargazer of Casablanca but doesn't know it's name.

What you don't want to do is get anything Lily of the Valley. Completely different.

Edited by cedar_lea

What you don't want to do is get anything Lily of the Valley. Completely different.

Yes, they are completely different. But I have noticed though, that people always seem to mean "lily of the valley" when they are asking for a straight lily scent. I think that the customer needs to be asked more questions in regard to what she is looking for. Lily is just too vague.

I asked her what type of Lily and named out all the differnt ones I had found and she said just a plain Lily. She is overseas though so I wont be able to have her sniff them easily. Alright Thanks for all you help! I got an education on Lily's today though, thats one flower I dont have in my garden!