14oz square libbey jars

I have found at the dollar store 14oz square libbey jars. I did a test burn today and noticed it burns great in the middle and leaves wax in the corners.:sad2: I am using gw415 soy wax and the wicks are htp 126. Should I double wicked it or used a larger wick? Thanks in advance :rolleyes2

I've used those jars for yrs & have never been able to single wick w/o leaving hangup. Palm Wax was the closest I got to a successful single wick burn & I'd guess it could be done w/ paraffin. I've tried most of the soy & soy blends - always double wick them. I made an outline of the cube bottom to create a template for where I place the wicks. Fold the template in 1/2 horizontal & vertical to mark the center. Then fold the template once diagonally & measure a point 1/2way between each outside corner & the center. Try that for a 'good guess' to place each wick. I've never tried htp's, so can't really help you on size, but for double wicking I'd suggest using the size that works for votives.

HTH - Susan.

Edited by TxSioux
typo

I did a test burn today and noticed it burns great in the middle and leaves wax in the corners.

Burn the candle all the way to the end to see if it catches up during the last half of the candle. All of the square containers leave hangup in the corners at first, but if wicked correctly, this will slowly melt and slide down as temps in the container rise toward the end of a candle. HTH :)