Wax not wanting to come out of clamshell

WendyByTheBay

Hi!!

I have finally gotten around to using clamshells.

I uses 6006 with 25% paraffin added to make the wax a bit harder. I poured some into clamshells today. I poured at 120*. I got the clamshells from Lonestar.

When I tried to pop out a square, it was rather difficult :confused:.

Should I spray the clamshells first with something?

Anyone have any advice?

If I can't figure this out, I'm going to have to go back to pouring them in molds, and that would make me soo sad, lol!!

Do your tarts normally just pop out?

Or do you have to kinda force them out?

I am going to mess with them again today, but try pouring less than 120, even tho it will probably make the wax gooey.

Should I add some kind of additive?

Thanks so much in advance!!

The problem may be using the wrong type of wax. I don't use 6006 but that is a container wax, isn't it? You said you are adding paraffin but didn't say what kind.

I know the best soy wax to use is a pillar blend. I think it holds true for paraffin ... the was blend should be based on a pillar or votive wax. Something to consider ....

Oh, it's hard to change anything up if you have good scent throw. I don't use those waxes but would hate to change if you have the throw down pat. Lonestar clamshells are hard to open/shut but are okay. I have another batch from a different vendor and they open/close easier. It's probably just a matter of experimenting with the waxes.....I have an experiment going right now :)