with lots of small pours

dixiegal

is it better to keep scented wax warm in between ( was thinking of placing pouring pot on an electric griddle in between pours ) or just to let it cool and keep reheating it, or should you only reheat it once?Which way is best for the wax to keep its scent? Sorry for all the questions but I've never done repours before. Just got my cute little silicone Christmas molds and want to start on them tomorrow, but they're small and not going to hold much wax at all.

Depending on how much wax you want to start with, I would make a "full" batch and pour it into ice cube trays. When cool, take them out and bag them. Then, figure out how many it takes to fill the mold. Ex. if each of the "fancy" molds takes 6 oz of wax to fill, and each cube is 1 oz, you would need 6 cubes to make one batch. When ready to make a batch, only melt down 6 cubes. That way, you are not reheating the large batch over and over and losing scent each time.

HTH

Depending on how much wax you want to start with, I would make a "full" batch and pour it into ice cube trays. When cool, take them out and bag them. Then, figure out how many it takes to fill the mold. Ex. if each of the "fancy" molds takes 6 oz of wax to fill, and each cube is 1 oz, you would need 6 cubes to make one batch. When ready to make a batch, only melt down 6 cubes. That way, you are not reheating the large batch over and over and losing scent each time.

HTH

What a FANTASTIC idea!!!! That's a great idea for making smaller batches with different scents. I make candles for myself only and wondered how I could make like 1 jar at a time! YAY!

• 3 weeks later...

HTH

This is a wonderful tip!!!! :yay: Thank you!