fragrance load limits

3bees~1flower

Wondering about this also. I have been using 1.5 to 2 oz of FO per pound of wax and it works great with some scents but not very well at all with others, especially the "type" FOs. Can you add Vybar to get a better throw when using 464/paraffin mix? I'm pretty new to the wickless so trying everything under the sun. Also, have decided that some vendors are better than others for the FO's but hate spending so much money for shipping samples. *getdown*

Yeah, I am finding out the supplier makes all the difference on FO's. It's so weird that cost isn't what it is about but supplier. Used 1 oz of LoveSpell type from CS and got excellent results this morning. :yay:I'm going to try another vendor that was mentioned in another thread because CS was outrageous on shipping.

have you ever pushed the limits of recommended fragrance load for soy wax? the recommended load for my was is up to 8%. i'm thinking of pushing it to 10%. is the risk simply seepage of too much fo?

I do. You can just try it. With some fos I can add more than the recommended fragrance load without seepage.

Yeah, I am finding out the supplier makes all the difference on FO's. It's so weird that cost isn't what it is about but supplier. Used 1 oz of LoveSpell type from CS and got excellent results this morning. :yay:I'm going to try another vendor that was mentioned in another thread because CS was outrageous on shipping.

Do you mean Candle Source? Candlescience is very reasonable on shipping. All their FOs have a leaf designation to show how strong they are. If you haven't tried Candlescience, please do. You are in for a treat. I also find most of Peak's FOs and Lonestar FO's are fine at 1oz per pound but they only ship UPS.

Do you mean Candle Source? Candlescience is very reasonable on shipping. All their FOs have a leaf designation to show how strong they are. If you haven't tried Candlescience, please do. You are in for a treat. I also find most of Peak's FOs and Lonestar FO's are fine at 1oz per pound but they only ship UPS.

Coconut, I think she does mean CandleScience. They are also on the high end of shipping for me as well. Maybe it's where we live that makes the difference. I am in Ohio.