Headache from soy? Natural alternatives?

Ohhhhh Midrin! The magic red pill!

I've suffered from migraines since CHILDHOOD. Midrin was, and still is, my little miracle. I was first presribed it in 2004 and I have gone from 2 or 3 migraines per WEEK to maybe 1 a month.

Do keep on it though. If she is having continuous migraines (longer than 48 hours) something else is likely going on under the surface. Whether it be chemical or physiological-- that is not a normal situation.

From a purely ecological standpoint-- no wax is any better than the other. In fact, I've always found the eco-argument to be the most idiotic argument against parrafin out there. Parrafin is the only wax that doesn't require you to destroy something--- its a by-product of something thats already being made anyhow. With proper wicking and FO%, you're not gonna get any more soot from them than you do Soy or Palm.

Blwoods, that is my argument for paraffin exactly and it is why I use it.

Outlawsfh, how is the wife's migraine coming?

Outlawsfh, how is the wife's migraine coming?

I'm also curious. We just got two new batches of various FOs and we were testing them this past week. Only one was a head pounder (christmas thyme from NG) so far. So far so good for us with soy, also poured a bit of paraffin too with no issues (save that one FO).....

I'm surprised no one suggested making beeswax candles. What about trying beeswax without added FOs? (You noted you're a vegetarian but you didn't say vegan--so I don't know if you'd find beeswax acceptable.)

Well, of course, you should know that I would suggest beeswax! :smiley2: I would try unscented beeswax and, as I do, you can still color the candles without scenting them.