container help

I am using soy from MC with orange clove F/O. The container is 4 1/2 inch in dia. I am double wicking with 44c's, 51c's, 60c's and now 2 htp's 126. It starts to do ok but then the wick is drowning out. Any suggestions. The weather here is real cold -16 this morning with out the wind chill. Would that have anything to do with it. Thanks Christi

I have a 32 oz square snap lid jar that is nearly that wide, it is the Empire jar from Connie's Candles. I used MC soy with 3% BW, and a mix of 2% Gemlite Hazelnut Coffee and 7% French Vanilla from Sensational Scents, and eBay seller. I successfully double wicked it with 2 x HTP1212. I can definitelly see the zinc core wicks drowning, since they burn cool to begin with. As far as being too cold, it would only affect it if your inside temps were cooler than normal.

You could try wicking up to the 1212, or reducing the FO load if you have it up to 9%. I initially tested the jar with 2 x 126, but then had to wick up when I added the FO.

HTH! the geek :cool2: