Feather Palm Manufacturers - Any Noticeable Differences?

Hi All,

Looking for feedback on the use of different brands of Feather Palm. I have an opportunity to purchase Feather at a better price from another supplier. The only problem is it will be from a different manufacturer than my current palm I am using.

Has anybody noticed any difference between the Feather Palm from different manufacturers?

I don't want to change wax and find that its characteristics are different and I need to test burn and 'learn' again from scratch.

Everything I have found thus far indicates that Feather Palm is very similar from manufacturer to manufacturer. I guess I can always get a few kilos and do some testing for consistency before making the jump.

Thoughts?

Bart70

Hi,

Without point them out I am confident that the 2 supplies you refer to are the ones I am dealing with. The wax price is similar (one is actually a little cheaper) - the difference is how they put together the freight charge.

One will put large orders on a pallet and ship at a pallet rate if asked which is a substantial reduction in freight.

The other treats them as separate 25kg boxes using Australia Post so the per kilo rate stays the same if you order 25kg or 1000kg. Great for Australia Post, not so good for the purchaser unless quantities are smallish. You cannot go past dedicated freight companies for moving large or bulk items for cost effectiveness.

Hope I have explained this correctly and it makes sense?

I have decided to trial the other suppliers wax anyway - I want to know at the least that if I can interchange the wax without problems as one supplier I have noticed can run our of wax stock for a few weeks at a time.

Bart70

Edited by bart70

OK now I understand its not the wax thats cheaper its the freight. I agree, totally funny how its cheaper to ship from WA than from Sydney. I am only 3 hours from Sydney and its cheaper from WA if buying alot. I was just worried that if the wax was alot cheaper then it probably be dodgy.

Tammy