clear labels

mizbizzyb

Where does everyone get their clear labels. I got mine from online labels...but they smudge very easily...not to pretty to me. Nobody has complained except me...but when I see other clear labels with no smudges, I wonder where they get them from. Any suggestions?

So you're wanting to keep fingerprints from showing huh? I wonder if spraying them with polyeurathane spray would work?? That's what I used to do before I got my laser printer, to waterproof them. I haven't noticed the fingerprints at all on my laser labels..but then again, I'm getting old and going blind..I should probably be wearing my glasses when I do my labels eh? :D

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but it relates to my current question. Where do you buy the polyeurathane spray, and is it non-flammable? I am very concerned about safety. I'm still practicing candlemaking, but want to plan ahead for labels and need to practice on those also (since I've never made any before). I would like to use 4x5 size on some of my jars. I might also want to use this size in the clear plastic labels, but don't want to have them melting when the candle gets hot. I want a label which I can print vibrant colors on, though, so the white paper-type labels (such as the Avery type) might be better, but I want a glossy finish on the labels. I'm assuming the white paper-type labels are non-flammable, since its seems that lots of candlemakers are using this type. Am I correct in this assumption? Any advice will be appreciated

Guest EMercier

I know you can also get that Krylon clear coat spray. They sell it at walmart and arts and crafts stores like Michael's and AC Moore.