warmer question

rebeccajo99

I'm a tart newbie here. Found this thread super interesting. So, explain to me if you will, you put one little clamshell thingy into your melting thingy and then turn on the heat. The tart melts, smells up your room (or house) and you're good to go. The scent lasts for several hours (not 80 :rolleyes2) ... Does the wax slowly 'burn' or evaporate as well?

I wonder... can they get away with saying 80 hours because the tart wax will last that long?

I just bought 20 clamshell molds and tonight poured my first tests. No scent yet. I'm just testing my container wax & my votive wax to see which works best in the molds and comes out easier. Also tried a few different pour temps.

I'm not sure if I need to be so 'testy' with tarts as I was with candles. I know I've got some learning to do in the tart arena.

The tarts themselves will last forever. The scent, not so much.

Wax in wickless and/or tarts does not dissipate. Scent does.

So yeah, their tarts probably do last 80 hours. The scent probably lasts less than 8 hours.

There is no tart on earth that will provide scent for 80 hours. Even straight FO without being diluted in wax won't last that long.

They should be reported to the FTC for false advertising. A couple of enquiries from the feds might make them think again about their ridiculous advertising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising