Starburst palm votive wick question

Hi all,

I am making some starburst palm votives and usually used eco wicks any guidance on cd's what size to start with? I have some on hand to test with but not alot need to get close so I can order them.

Thanks,

Linda

Edited by soy327

I haven't tried CDs wicks yet, though I just got in a sample pack of those and RRDs. However, in case this might help...

I think only Candle Science carries them, but I've had excellent luck with their CSN 7 size on palm votives and 2-2.5" hex jar palm containers, 5% FO.

They market them for Palm wax, but I find they're as good or better than ECO wicks in GB 464 and EcoSoya CBA. #14 in 2.5" and #16 in 3" palm pillars make for my most trouble free candles. (1" and 2" won't make a side wall and drip even with CSN 5 or 7, so I use 9 for best results. Usually OK, but not sure if it's possible to "drip proof" those sizes.)

I have some csn's 14, 16, 22, 26 and one little piece of a 9. But I found they burn like a torch, course that was a year ago when I first started making candles didn't know wicking very well. I might have to order some sample packs for the palm. I've been using cd's in my ecosoya 135 and really like them. Thanks for the help I don't make alot of votives, but I got an order from a friend that put them in silk flower arrangement and doesn't need to worry about the wick cause she is afraid somebody might try to burn them LOL:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. This time she wanted 4 of them wicked. Go figure, I have eco 2's and I'm sure they will do, did a couple to test 1st. Before I panic, I have lot's of cd's too.

Thanks,

Linda

Edited by soy327

Thanks Stella, I read here on past post you use the 5-7cd's in ecosoya pb, and I also read you wick down one for palm. Sooo I took the ones I made for testers thinking 3-5 and am testing the 4 against my eco 2 the cd 4 did it for me, I will also test a 5 as I have many of those.

I changed for the purpose of being able to order all the one kind of wick instead of having eco in this and cd in that and htp in the other. Also I never used the palm steric, until I made these votives(I don't make alot of them)and wanted to find the right cd wick didn't know if that would change the burn. Boy did those votives pop outa the mold:yay::yay:

I have left my mitts :laugh2:off the pillar and saturday is d-day for doing the bottom 8 days. I also am going to make another Pillar. Thanks again for all your help.

Linda