first emulsified body butter

chrissycandlea

I made my first emulsified body butter and I'm liking the texture and thickness, only thing is it is a little bit too greasy feeling for me and the glide isn't as good as I would like. I used IPM, what else should i be doing to improve on these issues? I read about hydrovance, but i'm not really sure if this would help me. Has anyone used this?

Yes, the other way around would have given you an oil in water emulsion where the oil molecules are encapsulated inside of the water molecules. What you want for products that need to soak in fairly quickly...i.e. lotions and creams.

The opposite, water in oil emulsions are for products that you want to mostly coat and sit on top of the skin...like sunscreens.

I did a bunch of research about o/w vs. w/o emulsions because my lotions and creams were always too greasy for my taste and I kept trying cornstarch, dry-flo etc. to solve the problem. Once I discovered this and made the switch I was amazed at the difference.

Of course you need a good recipe too!