Help with palm wax

Hi all! We're new to using palm wax. We were given about 800lbs of palm wax when a local wedding company went out of business. Were used to using paraffin, so we did everything the same, as when we pour with paraffin... except our candles would not come out of the mold. So we tried again using a little cooking spray in some votives/tarts -- those came out -- so we used it in a larger mold and none came out again. What are we doing wrong? Any hints or suggestions that could help us? We don't want the wax to go to just being used for container candles!

PLEASE HELP US!

THANKS!

What type of palm wax are you using? Container blend palm wax is formulated to stick to the container... Pillar blend will shrink away from the sides of a mold or container. I add stearic acid to pillar blend to enhance mold release but generally do not use any other release agent. While you can use pillar blend for containers (but they WILL rattle around in there), you cannot use container blend for molded candles because it is formulated to stick to the container.

I suspect you have a container blend... I suggest you read up on using palm wax here in the veggie wax forum. It is totally unlike paraffin.