Making tart gift baskets...how do you keep the scents separate?

joanncat18

Hi there,

I am making tart gift baskets for xmas this year. I will be putting one combo tart warmer and then a sampling of holiday/fall scents. How do you keep the scents separate? I don't want the baskets to smell nasty or overpowered from so many different scents. I was thinking about making 2 packs of each scent and including up to 8 packs...so 1 lb of tarts in each basket. Any ideas of how to package the tarts so people could open to smell the different scents, but not mix too much? Thanks in advance.

Jamie

I don't have a sealer...I am not sure if you can shrink wrap with just the bags and heat gun. I tried it once, but the plastic came open. I was thinking maybe polypro bags. Either zipper or flap top resealable ones. Anyone know who has the best price. I think a 3x4 I can fit 2 1oz tarts in if they overlap a smidge. Then I could have 2 in each bag and a bag for each scent. Do the resealable bags work just as well as the zip bags? Anyone have a preference which to use? Thanks for your advice.

Jamie

I don't have a sealer...I am not sure if you can shrink wrap with just the bags and heat gun. I tried it once, but the plastic came open. I was thinking maybe polypro bags. Either zipper or flap top resealable ones. Anyone know who has the best price. I think a 3x4 I can fit 2 1oz tarts in if they overlap a smidge. Then I could have 2 in each bag and a bag for each scent. Do the resealable bags work just as well as the zip bags? Anyone have a preference which to use? Thanks for your advice.

Jamie

Zip bags tend to leak the scent, unless its a thicker ply of plastic. We use a regular heat gun from the craft store and fold the open under the label. Works well for keeping it closed.

Zip bags tend to leak the scent, unless its a thicker ply of plastic. We use a regular heat gun from the craft store and fold the open under the label. Works well for keeping it closed.

Good idea. So you are putting the label on before you zap it with the heat gun?